Age Of Cars

Greatest cars of all times

hero On June - 24 - 2011

I made this little film to test my new Sony VX2000 Camera back in 2002. The car was restored three years later (coming soon.)...
Video Rating: 4 / 5

This is the first time I started my GT's engine in over 20 years. I just got the car back from the shop where they got it running again.
Video Rating: 5 / 5

Categories: Opel

26 Responses so far.

1. ike111111 says:

I’m normally not really a Opel guy but i love the Opel gt :p

2. 1968DodgePolara says:

Before restauration ? It looks great now its in great condition just the way it is looks all stock

3. jammer96 says:

I have a friend who collects these. He also has 2 Deloreans. Very knowledgable person when it comes to cars.

4. TheDURACELL6969 says:

@duanedragon2 ma che cazzo dici?? si vede che non sei mai salito su una supercar tipo ferrari lamborghini o porsche! ti sembra che abbiano abitacoli spaziosi??? ma per favore collega il cervello prima di parlare!

5. Pnoerre says:

I have got a very good hint for you to keeping the nice old Engine in good shape with todays ultra dry eco fuels: Use 1:100 API TC two stroke oil / fuel mix as regular driving fuel, that keeps the old fuel-system gaskets, rubber parts, alloy parts etc… and cast iron metal surfaces of those vintage engines in excellent shape…and it also lubricates the valves and upper piston regions. Most Porsche vintage owners in Germany do so :) Also keeps carbs + injection and tank clean and rustfree

6. AAVista says:

@lukeslandspeeder A lowering kit for this example? Come on! You’ll be scraping the door panels, rocker panels and fenders in bumps and holes on the road. I don’t see any dangerous gaps at the wheel arches. Why not a lowering kit for a post-1974 MGB instead? In factory stock form, these last MGBs had ridiculously wide gaps between wheels and fender arches in a vain attempt to meet U.S. safety standards back then.

7. Schlipperschlopper says:

I have got a very good hint for you to keeping the nice old Sports Engine in good shape with todays ultra dry eco fuels: Use 1:100 API TC two stroke oil / fuel mix as regular driving fuel, that keeps the old fuel-system gaskets, rubber parts, alloy parts etc… and cast iron metal surfaces of those vintage engines in excellent shape…and it also lubricates the valves and upper piston regions. Most Mercedes vintage owners in Germany do so :) Also keeps carbs and EFi injectors clean as new!

8. Ruelpsgruetze says:

Use 1:100 (1%) two stroke oil in your tank to prevent tank and engine corrosion if you use the modern aggressive fuel that contain 5-10% methanol (not good for the old engine and fuel system materials!)

9. sportsaholic503 says:

ive got one of these just sittin in my garage, i knda wish i would do something with it haha

10. antiopala says:

vai tomar no cu frita com esta bosta aiii

11. lukeslandspeeder says:

fender wheel gap sucks. hope theres a lowering kit for these cars somewhere…

12. lukeslandspeeder says:

i decided to take the seat out of mine and replace them both with lighter ones.

those are the heaviest seats i have ever seen in my life. they both weigh about 50 pounds each and very ulgy

also.

i dont like pleats. lol.

13. MclarenSLR722ftw says:

Very nice car !
    I love the way the headlights are opening.

14. duanedragon2 says:

Small vehicles tend to exaggerate perceived speed. Doing 60 in that thing must feel like it’s going 130mph.

15. Savanah333 says:

I had a 1972 Open GT when I lived in Texas. Wish I’d kept it!! Instead, we kept a 1971 Datsun 240Z and still have it today. Thanks for the video.

16. sdavidson15 says:

my dad told his very 1st brand new car with 4 miles on it was 69 opel gt midnight blue but had to choose from the 69 opel gt or the 69 amc AMX 390 car.he bought the opel gt straight up with his reenlistment bonus from the Navy.

17. reklamemail says:

cool…

18. juniormike says:

Check the trailer for my OPEL GT – Film
    in my other videos :)
    (JUNIORMIKE, tags: OPEL GT Film

19. DEEPerthantheCUT says:

I literally just bought one not even 3 hours ago. Im excited to see it. ITs looks exactly like this one and color too!

20. Bo5231 says:

The excellent car, old school, delightful lines of a body, and what volume of the engine?

21. serbianhomer says:

what a stupid clip

22. coolmanrocksoutloud says:

were can u buy parts for it

23. MikeT3912 says:

i’m lookin for a rear spioler like yours for my gt any leads on one or just a bunch of pics and perhaps a template would b appreciated…. Mike

24. hmzaox says:

Hopfuly i get a 73 Opel GT tomarrow found 2 one im getting is cheaper (rougher but no rust ) i cant wait start working on it i just dont know if i want swap engine put a v6 or v8 in her

25. eggbertproductions says:

that’s that ’69′s solid lifters.. lol

custom moulded fiber spoiler

26. MayhemMarty says:

The shop got it running? Sounds like a lot of valve noise. Send it back.

?>